Friday, August 17, 2012

Beginning a new journey...

I'm two days into a diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. After years of pain and problems, a doctor took me seriously enough to figure out what's going on with me. The relief I feel is overwhelming but so is the feeling that life isn't going to be the same. Before knowing, it was easy to convince myself that it's all in my head and I'd push through the pain to function. But now I'll have to change how I do almost everything. I've always been very active and on the go, so I need to slow down and I'll have to figure out how to exercise with EDS. Against all odds, I found out one of my friends also has EDS and she's had it for years, so she's already been talking to me about it, telling me what to expect and letting me talk about how I feel. Things are going to change and although this blog will still be dedicated to product reviews, there will be posts every now and then about my EDS journey. I'm brand new with this but I hope with time I'll be able to help others who are in my position now, like my friend is helping me cope.


No comments:

Post a Comment